Sunday, December 7, 2008

WHY ONE MORE BLOG ON GHALIB?

YOU MAY JUSTIFIABLY WONDER THAT WHY ONE MORE BLOG IS NEEDED, WHEN VAST VOLUME ON GHALIB (DECEMBER 27, 1797AD – FEBRUARY 15, 1869AD) IS ALREADY AVAILABLE ON THE NET. PERHAPS, THE FOLLOWING MAY EXPLAIN MY MOTIVATION.


FOR THE FIRST TIME, IN ENGLISH, ONE WOULD BE ABLE TO READ THE CHRONOLOGICALLY ARRANGED SELECTION OF GHALIB'S GHAZAL VERSES, AND THEIR INTERPRETATION. AND, THAT WOULD ENABLE ONE COMPREHEND AND ENJOY GHALIB’S URDU POETRY IN PROPER BACKDROP, AS ONE WOULD APPRECIATE THE DISCERNIBLE CHANGES IN HIS POETRY, AND NOTICE BOTH, THE CONTINUITY AND THE CHANGE.

3 comments:

ManishBajpai said...

A justification is hardly needed for an original work of analysis. Most of us who enjoyed Ghalib's couplets never thought much about the evolution of the poet as an artist and as a person. I am surely excited!!

Unknown said...

Chacha Ghalib has been like a member of my family (my father being a poet too),but Im ashamed to admit that my knowledge about his works is almost nil, mainly due to his works being mostly in urdu.Now thanx to this blog I could read , interpret and understand his feelings in a much better way KUDOS TO U ALL!!!

Hasan Adbullah said...

I am sorry that I had 'lost' this blog! Today, courtesy google, accidentally, I bumped into it! Not having any details, and unable to revive it, may I take liberty to re-direct to https://ghalibkaarvaan.wordpress.com/ where I have been discussing Ghalib's poetry for last few years.

This was my first blog, whose track I lost! And, not only track, I even forgot that I had started a blog "Thoughtful Journey of Ghalib"! The good news to share is that not only I continued my flirtations with Ghalib in "ghalibkaarvaan", but a book "The Evolution of Ghalib" has been published by Rupa, and, in addition to other sources, the bok is available at Amazon
https://www.amazon.in/Evolution-Ghalib-Hasan-Abdullah/dp/8129134713

Hasan ABdullah